So, you want to be a writer for Sick Critic? We’d love to welcome you with open arms! Read the qualifications and fill out the application. We’ll get back with you soon.
About Sick Critic:
Sick Critic is a Gaming media outlet that is focused on bringing high-quality content to our site and forming a long-lasting community. We are looking for passionate writers to represent Sick Critic in the most professional way possible.
We pride ourselves in our dedication to providing honest game reviews, accurate news, and unique feature articles, all of which bleed our personalities and individuality. While paying our writers is something we’re working towards, it’s far more important to us that we embrace the gaming industry as gamers first. We value a genuine heart mixed with a mind for games (It’s a bonus if you can make people laugh).
What We Do:
We need creators who can uphold the aforementioned values while writing reviews, news, and features, as well as willingly taking part in podcasts, YouTube videos, and other responsibilities as needed. On our team, we don’t just want writers, we want people. With that being said, please pay close attention to the following advice:
- The most promising applicants will demonstrate the ability to show their personality through their writing.
- You should not try to be the best applicant; you should try to be the best you.
- Everybody can write. Everybody has the potential to become a journalist. You’re unique. Let us see that.
Positions Available and Requirements:
- Must be able to cover breaking news while the story is still relevant.
- Capable of working on your own without specific assignments.
- Able to find a unique perspective on a story that has not been covered by rival sites.
- A thirst for uncovering a story.
- Expert Command of the English language.
- Have a unique voice and a sense of humor in your writing style.
- Meet deadlines promptly.
- Review copies will be provided when available
- Willing to learn and accept constructive criticism.
Features/Opinion piece writers:
- Able to pitch ideas for articles on a weekly basis.
- Provide high-quality pieces to draw in readers.
- 500 word minimum for each article.
- Creative writers who are willing to work on their own time to formulate pitches.
- Applicants must be 18 or older, but don’t let that scare you away, teenagers (Internships are available).
- Applicants must have access to some form of Desktop/Laptop and writing application.
- Applicants must be able to hunt down news stories and other article ideas with minimal assistance. There’s no shame in asking for some help at first, but you should be capable of finding these things on your own rather quickly.
- Applicants must demonstrate extensive knowledge of video games, consoles, and the way the industry works.
Please follow the link to fill out our formal application.
Email for questions: Pr@sickcritic.com